The American Rescue Plan. Finally, we’re seeing another round of COVID relief. Last time, with the CARES Act, employers and large corporations received a significant benefit while regular people were left needing more. Things are a little bit different this time. Here are 20 ways the American Rescue Plan supports working people, per the AFL-CIO. Additionally, check out what we can expect in Wisconsin as a result of this bill. While the direct payments to Americans are not nearly enough (and were not what we were promised), we finally have something on the way. Unfortunately, not a single Republican supported this relief. However, pay special attention to these provisions:
- $80 billion for COVID-19 testing and tracing, manufacturing and procurement of personal protective equipment, and vaccine distribution.
- $8.5 billion for rural healthcare.
- $4 billion for mental health and substance use disorder services, treatment and prevention.
- $140 million to support the mental health of healthcare professionals and public safety officers.
- Hazard pay: State and local aid can be used to provide "premium pay" to essential workers.
Click below to see how the American Rescue Plan will help Wisconsin: